Early overdrive questions

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Early overdrive questions
From: Mgbbob@aol.com
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 18:12:00 EST
Hi there Listers,
I've been away from the list for a while and it's a real pleasure to get back
in.

I have a few questions that I'd like the list to comment on.

I just acquired an overdrive for my 1966 B (GNH3L78708) with a GB series
engine.

    1. Bentley's wiring schematic (diagram 2) shows items 68, 71, 72, 73 and
74 as        part of what seems like a separate harness. It's shown in
phantom so I             assume that this is not available unless the
overdrive is ordered. Is this true?
         Will I have to make my own harness?

    2. I've been told that the OD relay unit (68), the gear switch (73), and
the throttle        switch (74) are all included in the main harness. Is this
true? Are they      available?

    3. Are there any other problems I'm likely to encounter in this
conversion?

Thanks in advance for your comments listers..........I really need to resolve
these issues.

Bob Stahlbush

66 MGB RD GHN3L 78708
60 TR-3A TS 81398 L