Spot!

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spot!
From: <SRegel@dpra.com> (Scott Regel)
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 10:57:33 EST
It was above 50 degrees out this morning so I decided to take "Spot" to work
this morning with the top down.  Remember from earlier e-mails that Spot is a
76 B with a cracked head and a major oil leak.  As I pulled out on the
expressway (370 in Maryland), Spot was running great until I got up to about
50.  Then it seemed like Spot lost her energy and it took alittle while to
obtain 60.  I just thought it was the hill I was climing.  But as I continued
on to 270, Spot started to sound like an old VW Bug!  She was definitely only
running on 2-3 cylinders.  So I pulled off at the Shady Grove exit and Spot
was running rough...but no smoke or anything like that.  It ran rough but
still got me home with no problem..idled at 10K, oil pressure at 50-55.  When
I got home I turned Spot off and then back on.  Spot started right up, but
was still running rough and making noises like a VW Bug.  I look at her this
weekend.  I took a quick look under the hood and didn't see any loose plugs,
coil or distributor wires.  I have the ilumination electronic ignition.  Any
insights...plugs just changed 2,000 miles ago with new plug wires.  I'm
trying to get Spot an engine rebuild this winter...I'm hoping to hold out and
still enjoy the last bit of good weather.  Any advice is appreciated.  Oh,
Spot is also making a cyclical metallic noise lately when I go around a right
handed curve...noise from the rear.  I would appreciate any insight on that
too...not tires rubbing...definitely metallic.

TIA

Scott
76 B