Re: Spot!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spot!
From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 13:30:55 EST
In a message dated 11/10/00 11:06:06 AM, SRegel@dpra.com writes:

<< Spot started right up, but
was still running rough and making noises like a VW Bug.  I look at her this
weekend.  I took a quick look under the hood and didn't see any loose plugs,
coil or distributor wires.  I have the ilumination electronic ignition.  Any
insights...plugs just changed 2,000 miles ago with new plug wires.  >>

Pull your plugs and inspect them.  If you've been burning oil perhaps the
plugs are beginning to foul.  I'd say with a cracked head that might be the
thing.  The good news is that fouled plugs can be cleaned with a wire brush
and returned to service until you need to do it again.  Your intervals
between scrubbing may vary.  I had to do this with my old '68 GT every so
often before rebuild.

Good luck.

Jay Donoghue (a neighbor in Olney)
72B