More Info on Webber Install

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: More Info on Webber Install
From: "Mike Razor" <mrazor@mis.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 22:42:58 -0500
Sorry to be vague, but I don't much about Webbers, don't have the carb
here to get the model number off of it.  The guy who sold it to me
said it was ready to bolt on.  The car has had some other problems
with idle and rough running and I thought I should run those down
first.  It acted like it might have had a dead cylinder or an ignition
problem, I could not find so I took it to a mech I have used in the
past, who is pretty good and had him check it all out.
Anyway, the problem is in the Zenith carb that is on the car or so he
thinks.  I took the Webber to him Thursday and we only spent a few
minutes looking it over.  He seemed to think there should be an
accelerator pump or a plate that should cover
the holes on the side of the Webber carb.  To be honest I am not even
sure what the accelerator pump does or how it works.  I don't even
know if there is one on the MGB or not, I am totally out of my depth
on this one, among many others.
I am sure we are making a mountain out of a molehill, but he is a
pretty thorough person and wants to make sure I have all I need before
he starts in on the job.
THANKS!
MIKE