First Time Buyer

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: First Time Buyer
From: Steve & Bonnie Sidwell <porsche.com@home.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 22:06:41 -0800
And first time poster...

I'm looking at a 1978 Brookfield Green Roadster, just freshly (dealer)
painted, new top, new brakes, new tires and new exhaust.  Motor rebuilt
(no overdrive).  Dealer is going to install a completely new "Autumn
Leaves" interior from Moss (seats, panels, carpet).  Plus a 30-day (in
writing) guarantee for anything mechanical.  In doing my homework, it
seems that cars of this vintage, with this degree of restoration are on
the market for anywhere from ?$6,500 to $9,500.  I know I may be
infringing on the expertise of experienced posters, but I just don't
want my first MGB experience to be a mistake, and would appreciate any
feedback whatsoever in this regard.  My biggest fear is that if I, for
any reason, don't continue to love the car, would I be able to recover
the $5,250 asking price.  Many thanks,  Steve in Southern California.