Re: Body work on MG

To: Jon <a77mgb@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Body work on MG
From: "R. O. Lindsay" <rolindsay@dgrc.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 08:46:51 -0600
Comments within...

Jon wrote:

> Best for home use is rustolium (sp?) brush-on, but be
> sure to wash the fish oil off the final primer coat
> before top coating. If there's not rust to soak up the
> oil, the top coat won't stick well, no joke. Dish
> soap. $5/qt. Works fine for off-road and winter salt
> use Jeeps, should be overkill for LBCs.

In the Ferrari circles, Dawn dishwashing soap is the
'friendly' degreaser of choice.

> My understanding is POR 15 has nasty fumes. You need a
> proper air system (positive pressure mask). The magic
> formula to seal out rust, will also seal your brain,
> liver, and/or lungs ;-]

I have used it but not in a spray gun.  I wouldn't want to
put it in any gun that was a good one.  That stuff hardens
like diamonds!

The guys at RestoMotive (makers of POR15, are quick
to respond via e-mail from their web page.  They can
answer the final question about health threats.

> jon

Rick