Body work on MG

To: "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Body work on MG
From: "bill king" <kingwj@del.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 20:39:32 -0500
My A is down to bare metal and posed for the big comeback.  I did not remove
the body, just all the bolted on panels.  How about paint for the frame.  I
see a product called POR 15 as a prep followed by their special $37 quart
topcoat.  Anybody use this product or able to recommend another path to take.
Any tech articles or links around refinish of aluminum?  Especially prepping
for filler, prep for primer etc.  Any advice or disaster stories would be
appreciated.  I checked my company's refinish paint site but they are too busy
bragging about some kid driving an ugly car with 24 painted all over it to
actually put useful information on the site.  Thanks in advance.

Bill