RE: Replacement Heater Valve

To: <rrobertsmg@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Replacement Heater Valve
From: "Tim Economu" <economu@whidbey.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 09:43:48 -0800
Just two questions:
1. How do you control the add-on heater valve when you are inside the car?
2. What do you mean that the minilites were the best mod you had done to
your car?

I also installed the manual heater valve in line with my present valve so
that I could completely shut off the flow of hot air to the passengers on
warm days. But I can still modulate the heat with my original heater valve
when the manual one is opened up, even if only a little. I am considering
changing them both out for an electric valve that can be adjusted using the
present control.

I have talked with Bob M. about his manual valve modification and because he
lives in Montana with very cold winters, his change was made to provide MORE
heat to the cabin. My problem in the Pacific Northwest is that because the
weather is generally mild, there is usually TOO much heat in the cabin!

Kind regards,
Tim Economu
'69 BGT mona