Easiest Valve Adj.

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Easiest Valve Adj.
From: "Berrie C. Watson" <bwatson@bayflash.stpt.usf.edu>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 20:39:44 -0500 (EST)
I have found the easiest method, for me....  is to put slight tension on
the fan belt with my thumb, and with the engine in neutral I can turn the
engine by simply TURNING THE FAN.  Of course, DISCLAIMER: check the
tension on the belt when you are through.

my .02

Just wondering, how many of you with pre-72 MGB's have changed to the new
freon?  I am dreading taking out my compressor to change the oil, and am
not absolutely sure how it would turn out.  I have also heard that there
is a freon that will work with either of the oil types.  Has anyone else
heard this?

If I am missing the thread, I apologize.

'71 MGBGT

                                Berrie C. Watson
                                Coord. of Computer Applications
                                USF St. Petersburg Campus