Re: Timing Chain Single/Double ? MGB

To: "Bud Krueger" <bkrueger@ici.net>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Timing Chain Single/Double ? MGB
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 13:16:58 -0800
Bud,

Logic says the double-row chain should last longer but one has to remember
that the factory would not have made the change to a single-row chain if
they expected it to fail within a noticeably shorter period. I'd say that,
with your mechanical skills and the ease of removing the timing cover on a
late B, the cost of a t/cover gasket and a new single row chain at - maybe -
75K miles after the present rebuild would be a better expenditure than a
pair of new gears and a double-row chain at this time.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center