Re: New MG with ZS Flooding Problem!!

To: "BMack" <bmack99@home.com>, "Mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: New MG with ZS Flooding Problem!!
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 16:35:15 -0700
I had the same problem with a Triumph TR7 with dual ZS carbs on the front
carb just last week. I'm just now reassembling the carb but found no
apparent problem although there really are only two possibilities:

1. Plugged vent from carb to charcoal cannister - this will cause a
pressure build up in the float chamber and force gas out the jet (since
mine was seeping fuel after the car was turned off, this was what I suspected).

2. Float not shutting off fuel flow - could be bad needle valve/seat gizmo,
bad float, or too high fuel pressure from pump

You can take the vent hose off and see if that takes care of the problem.
Otherwise, you will have to pull the carb and remove the float chamber and
inspect the float and the shut off valve.

Alternatively, you can take more drastic steps and convert to SUs which is
what I will probably do with my TR7.

David
67 BGT
80 TR7