Re: New MG with ZS Flooding Problem!!

To: "BMack" <bmack99@home.com>, "Mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: New MG with ZS Flooding Problem!!
From: "KENNETH WARINGA" <kcwaringa@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 20:36:01 -0600
I had the same problem with my 71 TR6 just after I bought it.  I rebuilt the
carbs thinking that would help, but it didn't.  The kits I bought had the
gross float valves and I eventually determined they were the problem.  I was
flooding the engine so bad that when I checked the oil it was over filled by
over a quart, gasoline.  I removed the carbs again and replaced the gross
jets with the original jets, thoroughly cleaned and it worked great.  I've
since put almost 4000 miles on it with out too many more carb problems.
I've been used to the SU carbs on the MGs and this was my first experience
with the Strombergs.  If I have a choice I'll stick with the SUs in future.

Good luck with your new purchase.  Stick with it and I'm sure you'll find
the problem.

Ken Waringa