Re: "Box" Speakers?

Subject: Re: "Box" Speakers?
From: Chris Thompson <ct@cthompson.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 09:45:52 -0500
Steve, You could do what I'm about to do. Fiero seats with speakers.

Tony Barnhill, who I believe is on this list (His site is
www.theautoist.com) sells Fiero seats with the feet modified to drop into a
B with no new holes drilled in the floorpan.

I know I read on this list a message from someone who had and loved Tony's
seats.

The quote I got from tony a while back was $150 for two seats, $70 for
shipping (To Ohio, your mileage may vary).

Granted, $220 is a heck of alot more money than $60 worth of speakers, but
from what I've read, it's a drastic improvement in comfort as well.

I'll be getting a set of Tony's seats after the new year (After the wife
stops spending on xmas). I'm then going to go to http://www.mrmikes.com and
get a leather upholstery kit. Probably a Style 380 in Black. Although, since
my B is going to be Tartan Red, I'm intrigued by a Style 500, black with a
red insert.

I've exchanged a bit of email with Mr Mike. They're currently working on
getting an MG octagon digitized into the stitching machine, and may be able
to offer MG logos where you see Fiero logos offered.

Being here in the chilly midwest, I'm probably going to splurge on the seat
heaters as well.

>From your description, I'm guessing you have a roadster, and not a GT. From
the people I've talked to, the headrest speakers in fiero seats are more
than adequate by themselves with the top down.

-C

--
| Chris Thompson                                      ct@cthompson.com |
| 1973 MGB                                    http://cthompson.com/mg/ |