Re: Tools

To: "James H. Nazarian, Ph.D." <microdoc@apk.net>,
Subject: Re: Tools
From: "greg dyche" <gdyche@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 05:22:01 -0800
 Hi MG Listers,
        I have been acquiring tools since age 7 also, mostly Craftsman, and have
returned a few to Sear's for replacement. Recently I had my first problem
(!). I had a box of metric spanners that had been in a fire, Sears lady
behind the counter tells me they don't cover fire damage. EXCUSE ME? says
I. "we have to be more careful with returns"says she. I was forced to stamp
my feet and repeatedly read aloud the (unconditional) hand tool guarantee,
while Bob Villa,on a video screen behind me, touting a new craftsman tool,
echoed my words. She had to call a supervisor and get an "OK to exchange
them just this once"
        I don't know if this is a new policy or a hormonal imbalance or how
widespread this may be but try to imagine my confusion, frustration and
ire.
        I'd like to invite all listers to waltz right into a Sears to attempt an
exchange, necessary or not, report your results back here please.

        Gregory R. Dyche  NEMGTR #9530
                            TLCA #2509
                        '52 TD
                            ''74 FJ40
                            ''74 FJ55

> . Sears' Craftsman hand tools have always been great for me because
> when and if I ever break one, or get paint on the screwdriver handle, I
> "waltz" right into any flavor Sears store without having to find a
receipt or