Re: Tools

To: greg dyche <gdyche@mindspring.com>, James.H.Nazarian@diskless1.axs2000.net,
Subject: Re: Tools
From: kingwj@mail.del.net
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 100 17:56:07 +0000
        I'd like to invite all listers to waltz right into a Sears to attempt an
exchange, necessary or not, report your results back here please.

        Gregory R. Dyche

> . Sears' Craftsman hand tools have always been great for me because
> when and if I ever break one, or get paint on the screwdriver handle, I
> "waltz" right into any flavor Sears store without having to find a
receipt or

Battery in my LAC (1978 Bonneville-4 wheel Pontiac not 2 wheel Triumph) went
dead in ~1982.  A quick trip to Sears Auto Center and a new DieHard in under
the hood.  There is some rule that a car battery shall not die while Sears has
them on sale so 2 weeks later the Sears circular has an add for DieHards on
sale.  I return to Sears to get my credit and low and behold "we don't do that
anymore".

I immediately state I'm not satisfied and the reason for my dissatisfaction is
I paid too much for this battery.  Fine they said, bring in the battery and we
will credit your account.  I did and immediately bought a new battery on sale.
That was the last time I stepped into a Sears auto center.  About the only
place left I go in Sears is the paint section.