Re: Shock help

To: "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Shock help
From: "Dave Wood" <djw69@idt.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 22:00:49 -0800
Steve,

I have a 72 B, I'm not sure what you have.  On the front, I remove the
wheels, unscrew the 7/16 or 1/2 inch bolt and use an oil can with a trigger
to squirt in the 20 wt fork oil that I use for my shocks.   On the rear, the
access is through a plastic pop-in cover right above the shocks.  You remove
the carpet on the rear shelf to get at the plastic covers that are about 2
1/2 or 3 inches in diameter.  Same area as the batteries, but you don't have
to remove the metal cover.  Remove the plastic, cover with a screw driver
blade and unscrew the bolt, fill with fluid and replace the bolt, cover and
carpet.  If you haven't ever done this as it sounds like.  I would drive the
car for a week or so and repeat.  There may be some air in the shocks that
will work out.  Do it again in another week and they should be full or you
may find that one or more leaks.  It does make a difference in the ride.  My
shocks have around 135,000 miles on them and only one leaks.

Easy job, do it regularly like lub. jobs.

Dave 72 B