Re: [Tube Axle hub nut socket] - Tools - 1970 MGB

To: Matthew Trebelhorn <matttrebelhorn@netscape.net>
Subject: Re: [Tube Axle hub nut socket] - Tools - 1970 MGB
From: Dave Houser <mgs4dave@warwick.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 14:29:41 +0000
Good people,
I have been playing with the axle nuts on my 67 BGT using my
3/4W(that's whitworth, folks). It is a very thin-wall socket that works
like a charm with no slop on the fit. Look for the 900WZ series Hazet
socket made in Germany. It's chrome vanadium. I believe I found it at
Columbia Motor Corporation in NYC years back. They have an office in
Orlando or at least they did. Last phone I have is 305-423-1684. If no
luck there, let me know. I happen to still be friends with the owner, a
fellow IMPA(International Motor Press Association) member. If I make it
into the city tomorrow for our Xmas party and he's in town, I'll ask him
how many he has around.
Cheers,
Dave Houser