RE: [Tube Axle hub nut socket] - Tools - 1970 MGB

To: "Matthew Trebelhorn" <matttrebelhorn@netscape.net>, <ATWEDITOR@aol.com>
Subject: RE: [Tube Axle hub nut socket] - Tools - 1970 MGB
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 16:04:07 -0700
OK Matt, here's what I know, my SK #40142 socket measures 1.816" and it fits in
the hub.  It could be that a new one is larger, but
I doubt it.  My socket is only about 3-4 years old.  I have a Craftsman too, it
measures 1.876" it does not fit.

I just measured the ID of a hub, 1.875"; your measurement was 1.6875, I think
your measurement is wrong.  Of course it could be that
my hub is larger than most and my socket is smaller than most?????????

Find the SK, it should work.

For a picture of the socket see
http://pages.prodigy.net/larryhoy/MGTechSocket.htm

Another lister once mentioned a 4X4 hub socket.  You may have seen them, they
are a pressed sheet metal socket.  I have no knowledge
of these.

Larry Hoy