Re: Interiors

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Interiors
From: LBCarCoMail@aol.com
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 20:12:44 EST
Larry,

Did you get Canvas(duck) or Stayfast/Mohair?  There is a big difference.
They have no problems at all doing B tops with the zipout, but won't do the
other LBC's unless they had one from the factory.  For whatever reason that
is too bad as it really is nice for ventilation when the top is up on a hot
day to be able to put down the rear window.  Works great on the A, SPM's etc.

FWIW I prefer the Stayfast/Mohair over vinyl as it is much easier to work
with love it on my A.  Don't have to fight with it to put it up or down and
it folds much more compactly.  One of these days I will have to replace the
top on my B with one.

When I looked at working with them went to the UK to meet with them etc.
Problem was they were too darn expensive to be able to resell them at a
reasonable price to folks and still make a few bucks.    Visited about 5
different mfg's over there at the same time and found a company that only
does tops/tonneaus.  After seeing the quality and the pricing, plus their
flexiblity to make the zipdowns I decided they were the ones for LBCarCo.
Hey can even get a sunroof put in some of the tops ;)

Hope everyone has a very nice Holiday this week!!

Regards,

Jeff

In a message dated 12/22/00 11:26:01 AM Eastern Standard Time,