RE: Interiors

To: <LBCarCoMail@aol.com>, "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Interiors
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 19:42:39 -0700
>Larry, Did you get Canvas(duck) or Stayfast/Mohair?

Hmm, dunno.  It is a fabric, not vinyl/plastic.  It is black on the outside and
tan on the inside.  I think she said that it is the
same fabric MB uses.???  Whatever it is its good.  My car is driven almost
daily in the rain, the snow and the bright Colorado
sunshine (which will fade just about anything), and is maybe 4 or 5 years old.
It still looks new, with the exception I need to to
some window polishing.

>When I looked at working with them went to the UK to meet with them etc.
>Problem was they were too darn expensive to be able to
resell them at a
>reasonable price to folks and still make a few bucks.

Interesting.  I was looking for a deal on the top (although even at retail it
was a pretty good deal) so I contacted some of the
internet vendors and the only one that would touch it was Hal Rogers, and he
said he wasn't making much on it.  I think he may have
saved me $20.

I have the feeling they feel like they can sell direct to the consumer and
leave the middleman out.  How many British companies have
an 800 number?

larry Hoy