RE: Parts supplier?

To: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>, "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Parts supplier?
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 09:58:32 -0700
Well I've rec'd some off list comments as well as a couple of replies on the
list about the mystery company.  I thought I'd add the
following info to the mix.  Before I begin I want to make it clear the
reference to Moss is, Moss EUROPE.  Not Moss here in North
America (California).  Some of you may know the company in Europe had financial
problems and Moss USA came to the rescue.  Today, as
far as I know, Moss USA is a healthy company, and is now the owner of Moss
Europe.

About one year ago I called Moss Europe and requested several catalogs.  They
sent me the catalogs and invoiced me, but the invoice
indicated Moss Europe was  bankrupt.  Perfect timing, huh?

Although one of the catalogs I had requested was the Moss Europe MGB catalog
they sent me a catalog from the MG Parts Center LTD. in
Norwalk CT.  It is a big catalog, much like you'd see from a parts distributor
(not retailer).  About a week ago I received a sale
flyer from the "New" Moss Europe (see first paragraph).  It made me think about
the previous situation.  So I called all the numbers
in the MG Parts Center LTD catalog, I checked with directory assistance, and
did an internet search ... no company.

It's a great catalog, it even has a photo of a large building on the front.
Apparently the building was, or was to be, their
warehouse, but as near as I can tell they don't exist.

None of the replies I have received offers an answer to this mystery company.

Larry Hoy