RE: Parts supplier?

To: "'Larry Hoy'" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Subject: RE: Parts supplier?
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 12:54:50 -0800
Larry:

        You are checking out a bit of LBC history.  What follows is very
much a nutshell explanation, and may contain errors and ommissions.
Definitely not an official history, by a long shot.  I was playing with
Vintage Race Cars during this time period, and wasn't paying much attention
to the international picture.

        MG Parts Center Ltd.  was a US outlet of the Classic British
Sportscar Spares Group based out of the UK in the late 80s.

        Other companies of the group were Cox & Buckles, Naylor Brothers MG
Parts Ltd.  Barry Stafford MG Parts Ltd.  and the MG Sprite & Midget B,C,V8
Center.

        The group had financial difficulties and was merged with Moss Motors
US to become Moss UK.  The US outlet was closed at that time.  Ken Smith of
MossMobile fame, was one of the assets we were able to keep in the US,
another were boxes of the brand new MG Parts Ltd. MGB catalog.  (which I
just tossed out a couple of months ago)

        It sounds like you were shipped a copy of the old catalog, as the
old Moss Intl.  (the company that went bankrupt last year) was out of
updated catalogs.

        Members of the original management team of the Classic British
Sportscar Spares Group are working hard to get the new Moss Europe up to
speed, which includes new catalog production runs.

        So there you have it, a bit of MG history.  It's a pretty catalog,
but was superceded by the Moss UK catalog in the early 90s.

Hope this clarifies.

Kelvin.