E mail address advice

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: E mail address advice
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 20:51:07 -0800
A few words of warning concerning friends and relatives email
addresses on mail:

<<<snip>>>
"NET-Etiquette! Or How to be Email friendly with little
effort!

"NET-Etiquette! So few have it, so let's cover some...

"-- Remember - you may NOT be taking (inferring) something in the
manner it was intended. If you feel offended, DO NOT over-react.
Remember that you do not know the mood of the person when the Email
was created, and
likewise, your mood effects the manner in which you interpret Emails.
If there is the chance you might not understand a persons intent,
write them directly and iron out your concerns, DO NOT start a flaming
War over a possible miss-interpretation.

"Put all of those who you wish to forward to, or send to multiple
addresses, in a Blind Carbon Copy or a BCC: This hides the email
addresses of those who you have forwarded to others. If you don't have
Outlook or Outlook Express please find out how to do this. On AOL it
is a double parenthesis followed by a comma when there are more than
one. (()) In Outlook or Outlook Express click on the address Book icon
next to the To: line. select who you want to send to and click the
bcc: to put them in the BCC field instead of the To: field. This
provides a feeling of security to those you are forwarding to."

On Netscape a To: can be changed to a BCC by clicking on the "To:"
button in front of the name.  A menu will drop down offering several
choices, among them BCC.  It can also be done when selecting the name
from your address book.

"I see so many forwarded email and multiple recipients with lines and
lines of peoples email addresses in the forwarded text. Many times I
don't know most of the people in that list. If I were one who wanted
to send junk mail this would be a wonderful source of valid email
addresses. I personally do not like my email address forwarded in this
manner. I would be a little angry if I were one of those people in
that list."
<<<snip>>>

Blake