Re: Lucas 25D distributor bushing

To: larryhoy@prodigy.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Lucas 25D distributor bushing
From: LBCarCoMail@aol.com
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 16:03:37 EST
Larry,

I know Eric Jones rebuild them on a regular basis and has had good success
with them.

Best regards,

Jeff Zorn
Little British Car Co., Ltd.
Visit us on the web
www.LBCarCo.com

<< Subj:     Lucas 25D distributor bushing
 Date:  1/7/01 3:44:36 PM Eastern Standard Time
 From:  larryhoy@prodigy.net (Larry Hoy)
 Sender:    owner-mgs@autox.team.net
 To:    mgs@autox.team.net (MG list)

 I have a stack of old 25D distributors.  All of which seem to have some slop
in the cam, which probably results from a worn bushing.

 I looked in the Moss catalog and discovered the bushings are available at
$44, seems a bit steep to me, even with the "internet
 parts discounters".

 Has anyone had success rebuilding the 25D?  Is there a better source for the
bushing?

 Thanks.

 Larry Hoy