Fuel tank capacity

To: "MGs (E-mail)" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel tank capacity
From: scott beavis <scottbeavis@mobrey.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 15:10:57 -0000
Since owning our 1978 MGBGT I always thought the fuel tank was 12 gallons. I
remember reading this somewhere (Haynes book of lies?) and I see adverts for
12 gallon tanks in the magazines. Since the fuel sender broke I have been
trying to estimate when to fill up to avoid running out. We were on a long
journey down to Devon and I calculated we could do another 100 or so miles
(Boxing Day, garages shut!) when I suddenly had a horrible thought. The MG
takes about 30 quid's worth of fuel (this is UK, not US!!!!) which means
about 6 or 7 gallons (stop laughing all you Americans!). Even my mini's tank
is 7.5 gallons, so what's going on? Should it be 60 quid to fill or does my
MG have a half sized tank?!?!?!

Scott

PS: Justing looking in the club mag 'Enjoying MG' and "The MGB Hive",
Cambridgeshire are doing senders for 11.50ukp. Are these people ok to order
from? Is that a good price? Sounds cheap!

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com