Re: The MG Story on Speedvision

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The MG Story on Speedvision
From: "Scott Allen" <scottinarl@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 06:21:42 -0000
O.k., time for a side note.

I live behind the Iwo Jima Memorial across the river from D.C., so we get
alot of tourists through the area, most want directions to the Cemetary or
Memorial, so I've printed some up to the major sites in the hood to hand
out.

Two Summers ago I'm wrenching on my late great '76 Alfa Spider, and this
older gent walks up not for directions, but because he saw my TD out front.
Seems he worked at MG back in the day running wiring harness's and by the
way did I know that they'd actually built FI B's based upon the mechanical
Spica system I was working on?

My Spider eventually falls prey to a Pizza Hut driver, but I save the FI
system.

Last year my club has the owner of MotorHead out to a dinner and I ask about
fuel injected B's and get a blank stare.

Now I have confirmation, and a 74 1/2, and the old Spica system.  Hmmmm....

Scott Allen

74 1/2 BGT
52 TD