O-series engine was (The MG Story on Speedvision)

To: The MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: O-series engine was (The MG Story on Speedvision)
From: "Brinkman, Gerardo V" <GB127167@exchange.DAYTONOH.NCR.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 13:09:45 -0500
>From what I remember living in the UK during the 70's,
the "O" series engine was indeed slated to be put in the
MGB. The "O" series had already seen service in a variety
of British Leyland cars, the 2 that spring to mine are
the Princess and Ambassador Range (a real ugly wedge
shaped 4-door family saloon). My brother had the Princess
version with the 1800cc but they also made a 2200cc for
the more up market variety. I seem to remember that this
range of vehicles had horrendous quality control (what's the
surprise !!), and there were numerous recalls on it.

BTW - they were all front-wheel drive cars

gerry