Re: "A" Temp guage not rising

To: "Dave Houser" <mgs4dave@warwick.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: "A" Temp guage not rising
From: "Mark and kathy LaPierre" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 15:43:32 -0600
Hi Dave,
     DON'T TAKE OUT THE SENDING UNIT YET.  Hope I got your attention before
it was too late.   I suggest that you gently take the chrome bezel off the
front of the gauge(you'll probably have to loosen from dash a little first)
then the glass.  Start the car and let warm till you think the gauge should
be reading something, then ever so gently nudge the needle a little and see
what happens. If it is like mine, it will take off, just stuck on the peg.
If it constantly needs a nudge then it has an internal problem, remove and
send for repair.
    If problem persists try tests at the sending unit end.
    Last season I took out the entire unit and tested it in hot water only
to find out the needle was just stuck on the peg.  Even tapping on the glass
had no affect.   Live and Learned.

Good Luck,   Mark