Re: Dead Dash

To: "Scott Allen" <scottinarl@hotmail.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Dead Dash
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 19:40:26 -0000
In a 74 the heater fan (along with wipers and washers) comes off the
accessories position of the ignition switch, whereas later cars reverted to
the ignition, don't have the exact date for that change.  The fuel gauge
should have been out as well as the temp unless you have two (or more)
unrelated faults.  If other ignition powered circuits (like turn signals)
work OK then the fault could be at one of the green circuit spade connectors
at the fuse block or one of the many four-way connectors used to split it
off to the many circuits involved.  If all the ignition circuits are out the
fuse block is the best bet.  Corrosion can also occur out of sight on the
back and isolate the fuse holder from the spade terminals.

PaulH.