Re: solenoid trivia

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: solenoid trivia
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 10:40:13 -0800
Hmmm. My 66B (late 65 manufacture) had a push-button solenoid, and I assumed
they all did. It was replaced in the general upgrade procedure (4-sync OD,
late starter, negative ground, Bosch alternator), so I suppose it's
available -- but be warned -- I think it's original equipment, and the
rubber over the button is very deteriorated.

I agree that it was a very cool feature, which I miss (but I don't miss that
abominable starter).

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149