F1, was: Cat and 9mm (NLBCC

To: "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>
Subject: F1, was: Cat and 9mm (NLBCC
From: "R. O. Lindsay" <rolindsay@dgrc.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2001 14:06:48 -0600
"Kai M. Radicke" wrote:

> Yah really!  I need my F1 addiction satisfied soon... formula1.com and F1
> mag just are not doing it for me!  Anyone have predictions on outcome of
> 2001 F1 season?  Haven't made up my mind yet... but I think we'll see Prost

   The testing is interesting.  Schumacher just broke the 1 minute record at
Foriano in the new F2001 car on 4 groove tires.  The next day he came in
under 59 seconds!  No one will say if the traction control system was on.
   BTW, is it just me or didn't it take McLaren less time to complete their
traction control system than was physically possible -- without a head start???
:-P

> in the top 5; Sauber will improve as well; young Jensen Button will score at
> least a third more points than Montoya, mainly because I feel Button will be
> more consistent in the places he finishes; finally think Arrows will finish

   Button, IMHO, is the new Schumacher.  He will be/is star!

> right ahead of Minardi at the end of this season...

   Arrows got a boost late in the season last year and were almost competitive.
I don't know if it was enough or in time.  They just lost a big sponsor didn't
they?
   And yes, poor old Minardi will probably still be at the butt end.  I have to
admit,
I miss Tyrrell out there.  That was a cool, if uncompetitive, team.

> Six Ferrari engines on the grid... woohoo!

Yep. :-)  60 cylinders at 18,000rpm!!!

--
Rick Lindsay
Diamond Geoscience Research