RE: Friday meeting at 12- 3 pm

To: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Subject: RE: Friday meeting at 12- 3 pm
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2001 20:05:44 -0600
At 06:06 PM 2/7/2001 -0700, Larry Hoy wrote:
>Is this another "Barney's big adventure?"  How about Cheyenne Wyoming, you
can take I-80 out ... darn, does it have to be Friday?
>I've already got an appointment booked for Friday.

Oh, crap!  And I already had the suitcase and the trailer packed.  I don't
think I want to drive all the way from Chicago to Whidbey alone.  I was
really counting on that caravan after Denver.  <8^(
    http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg/pic89/pikes.htm

>Maybe we could:
>
>Meet in Sebring in March, thinkn' about driving the V8 out there for the
MGB V8 meet... http://mgbv8.com/convention_page.htm

Getting late in the school year.  Wouldn't want to pull Elliot out of
school then.  Besides, I remember Florida.
    http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg/grapes/index.htm

>Or, Pueblo in May for some road racing ...
http://www.rmvr.com/schedule/sch2001.htm

Hey, great way to kick off British Car Week.  Unfortunately also too close
to the end of the school year.  Pick a date during summer vacation.  I've
been meaning to spend a week or two in Colorado sometime.  Seem to heep
pasing through east to west, west to east, north to south, etc, but never
got to stop for mote then a day or two.
    http://www.chicagolandmgclub.com/members/barneymg/ak/pic10/10-25.htm

>Or, Grand Junction in June a little rallying ...
http://mgcc.org/Glenwood2k/Glenwdmain.html

I don't see this one on their calendar for this year (yet).  Getting real
close to the heart here though.  One of my favorite haunts.
    http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg/pic89/logrd.htm

>Or, Maui in June, no lets forget that one, I'd get shot if we did any "car
things" there ...

I've been to Maui in the summer, would do it again too.  Only one problem
there.  I can't find the access road from Los Angeles, and the last time I
tried it from San Diego I ended up in Tijuana.
    http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg/pic89/tjmx.htm

>Or, Road America in September, more racing, this one is in your backyard
Barney ... http://www.roadamerica.com/

Uh, why September?  Our club thinks the BRIC races in July (formerly the
Chicago Historics) are just the ticket for a club outing and camping for
the weekend.
    http://www.chicagolandmgclub.com/photos/roadam00

>Or, Albuquerque in October, yet another race ...

Now he's back into the school year again.

I have another suggestion.  How about meeting in Halifax, Nova Scotia, for
a ferry ride and tour of Newfoundland, say late June?  Andy Proudfoot has
been bugging me to drop by for a beer for some time now, and that's one
part of the Amreicas I haven't seen much of (yet).  Dang.  Wasn't it about
this time of year we were talking about Alaska in 1997?
    http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg/mg11.htm

I think we're getting just a little off topic here.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
    http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg