RE: Friday meeting at 12- 3 pm

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Friday meeting at 12- 3 pm
From: Aaron Whiteman <aaronw@wsu.edu>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 18:56:21 -0800 (PST)
On Wed, 7 Feb 2001, Barney Gaylord wrote:

> At 06:06 PM 2/7/2001 -0700, Larry Hoy wrote:
> >Is this another "Barney's big adventure?"  How about Cheyenne Wyoming, you
> can take I-80 out ... darn, does it have to be Friday?
> >I've already got an appointment booked for Friday.
>
> Oh, crap!  And I already had the suitcase and the trailer packed.  I don't
> think I want to drive all the way from Chicago to Whidbey alone.  I was
> really counting on that caravan after Denver.  <8^(
>     http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg/pic89/pikes.htm

Well, if you can get to Pullman or Spocompton (err Spokane), I'll
join for the last 5 hours or so :)  Bring your tuning tools though, I
may try to con you into getting these carbs more 'right'!

<massive snipping of Barney proving he can travel much more easily
than I can>

> >Or, Maui in June, no lets forget that one, I'd get shot if we did any "car
> > things" there ...
>
> I've been to Maui in the summer, would do it again too.  Only one problem
> there.  I can't find the access road from Los Angeles, and the last time I
> tried it from San Diego I ended up in Tijuana.
>     http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg/pic89/tjmx.htm

Ok, I haven't been to Maui, but I did hit Hawaii and Kauai...  I would
worry about all that salt water though before I attempted to drive :)

> I have another suggestion.  How about meeting in Halifax, Nova Scotia, for
> a ferry ride and tour of Newfoundland, say late June?  Andy Proudfoot has
> been bugging me to drop by for a beer for some time now, and that's one
> part of the Amreicas I haven't seen much of (yet).  Dang.  Wasn't it about
> this time of year we were talking about Alaska in 1997?
>     http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg/mg11.htm

But Whidbey is the _other_ way :)

> I think we're getting just a little off topic here.

Better than talking about cats.

--
Aaron Whiteman - aaronw@wsu.edu - email with subject 'PGPKey' for pgpkey
   RCW 19.190 notice: This address is located in Washington State.