Re: engine ID LINK

To: "Doug" <dprather@centurytel.net>, "MG" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: engine ID LINK
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 09:51:19 -0700
Its hard to tell without the engine ID plate. But no mechanical tach means
it is newer than a 65. I'm going to guess it may be an early 70s 18V engine
but only from some of the accessories.  The correct fan for a pre 67 engine
would be a metal three blade fan. This one has more blades and also has a
double pulley, indicating an extra belt for the air pump.

The head has the ports indicating a newer head with pollution control
devices added (18V?).

Assuming all these accessories go with the block, my guess is maybe 71-73.
One thing to check also would be timing chain to see if its single or
double chained.

David