Re: Okay, so no one watched the race...

To: "R. O. Lindsay" <rolindsay@dgrc.com>
Subject: Re: Okay, so no one watched the race...
From: "R. O. Lindsay" <rolindsay@dgrc.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2001 13:38:06 -0600
ATWEDITOR@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 3/5/01 1:24:55 PM, rolindsay@dgrc.com writes:
>
> <<    At the risk of alienating the whole list, I guess most
> Listmembers would rather putter around in the LBCs
> on the weekend than take a couple of hours out to
> watch the pros compete.  >>
>
> I'd love to see it.  When did you say it was coming on?

   Two weeks from last Saturday. :-P

> Seriously, Speedvision isn't on my cable lineup, and I watch little TV to

   Try FOX Sports for a later replay.

> start with--teenage boys, work, cars, life, etc.  I do love to watch great

   My kids, age 15 and 17, get up to watch the race with me most
race-weekends.  Then again, we have donuts, etc. too. :-]

> races, though in the US if it ain't NASCAR it is hard to find, and at weird
> hours.  Last road race I saw pieces of was Lemans--especially the flying
> Benz--but I got that 'cause I was in Paris at the time.

   LOL.  I was at Le Mans at the time!  Saw it live. :-)

> Being largely a freeloader on this list--sucking in more data than I can put
> out--I hesitate to say this, but can we create a web alert function to give
> time and channel of race coverage?  Is it even possible given all of the
> outlets?

   Formula One races are roughly every two weeks during the
season.   www.Speedvision.com has all the listings.  HOWEVER,
not everybody is as stupid as am I and won't get up at oh-dark-thirty
to watch the European races live.  (Most start at 6am Central time
on Sunday morning).  FOX Sports replays the races a few times and
at reasonable hours.  It is only that Speedvision has the exclusive 'live'
broadcast contract.  I enjoy it live.  More exciting, I guess.

> Jay Donoghue
> 72B
> 72B-GT
> 66 Mustang