Re: Pertronix vs Mallory Magnetic

To: Neil Cotty <neilc@apphosting.com>
Subject: Re: Pertronix vs Mallory Magnetic
From: "R. O. Lindsay" <rolindsay@dgrc.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 09:22:06 -0600
Neil Cotty wrote:

> Charley,
>
> I can't really answer this as I know nothing about them myself, but I am
> guessing it is because the Ignition control computer needs the
> weights/springs taken out of the equation for it to be able to do it's
> stuff. Some one else will surely answer this one for us! <G>
>
> Cheers,
> Neil

   IF, and that's in caps, the electronic ignition computer has the
advance curve built into it, you should not use the weight driven
centrifugal advance.  HOWEVER, most add-on electronic ignitions
are just detection modules to replace the points and need the
advance curve.

Rick Lindsay
Diamond Geoscience Research
5727 S. Lewis Ave., Tulsa, OK