RE: Pertronix vs Mallory Magnetic

To: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@apphosting.com>,
Subject: RE: Pertronix vs Mallory Magnetic
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 08:09:37 -0700
Neil, I'm running a 215 with the stock Buick dist.  I use the Pertronix (about
5000 miles now) and did not modify the distributor at
all.  It works fine.

In fact I installed it in the parking lot at the last V8 meet in Cleveland.
Other than making sure the end float on the distributor
was within specs. there was nothing to it.  They do caution you to use the
correct coil.  The coil needs to be the proper ohms, I
can't remember the spec but it is in the instructions.

Larry Hoy