Re: fiberglas or weld...that is the question

To: kwaringa@dynsys.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: fiberglas or weld...that is the question
From: Mgbbob@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 22:55:03 EST
Ken
Basically, it started out as an experiment. I felt I could always cut the
section out and weld in new metal...but I wanted to try it.
Some of the lacey areas were REAL bad and extensive (half dollar sized holes
in an isolated area). I used some of the fiberglas cloth supplied with the
kit and POR'd under and over it to create a fiberglas skin that adhered to
the metal. After it was dry I  mixed up a batch of fiberglas filler (I don't
know if it's the same as Bondo....it's non-absorbant and contains chopped
fiberglas entrained in the filler) and applied a thin coat right over the POR
paint. After sanding and priming...Viola!!!....a new floor.
I can't say that it will work for everyone, but you may be surprised by the
results.
Bob