Re: Argh! Big rattly problem!

To: MGs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Argh! Big rattly problem!
From: Chris Kotting <ckotting@core.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2001 08:11:52 -0500
Dan -

My guess would be catalytic converters.  The heat they put out on a
regular basis is hell on rubber engine mounts.  If you look at modern
cars, you'll note that the engine mounds are quite far away from the
catalytic converters.  No so on our cars, because they were last-minute
slap-on solutions.

On Rubber Bumper Midgets (with which I'm more familiar), the failure
rate of the right engine mount is about 3x that of the left.  The same
component, but the one next to the cat-con is almost always the one that
lets go.

Chris K.