Re: Float Height Issue

To: "'MG Mail list'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Float Height Issue
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@apphosting.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 12:37:53 -0000
Hi Max,

> Are you sure the carbs are not original, or just the floats?

Yep certain, the front carb has a CCV (carb. crankcase ventilation) intake
and the needle is biased - an AAU - prob. a 72 carb. The rear carb is from a
65-67 car from what I can tell with a #5 fixed needle and brass float. A
real hodgepodge!!

> Anyway, this shouldn't really affect richness. You need to

Umm AFAIK it will affect the mixture if the floats are set incorrectly. I
set the front to 11mm and the rear to 1/8" per the manual, they were
previously both set high and he had terrible problems with over rich
mixture.

Haven't been able to start her yet to see if this will work as we have an
ignition problem to sort out first. His distributor is also toast so it
isn't making life easy, 2-3mm side-side movement!!

Thanks again everyone for the great advice as usual!! :)

Cheers,
Neil