Re: Float Height Issue

To: Neil Cotty <neilc@apphosting.com>
Subject: Re: Float Height Issue
From: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2001 11:07:27 -0800
Hi Neil,

  I've been down that road of adjusting the plastic float heights with
washers under the seats.  What I've found thru trial and error is this:
as long as the fuel doesn't overflow from the jet, the idle mixture
adjustment can compensate for slight discrepancies in float height.
This is easy to check.  Set the jets at the index point and turn on the
fuel pump.  When the pump stops clicking there should be no fuel coming
out of the jet into the carb throat.  The fuel level in the jet should
be a fraction of an inch below the top of the jet.  If you hear a click
from the pump every few seconds AND fuel is oozing from the jet, the
float valve (needle and seat) is leaking and should be replaced.

  The above was the case on my rear carb.  A new needle & seat assy
(OEM) with NO washers, cured it. YMMV.

  Cheers,

  CR