Re: DODO update

To: "Garner, Joseph P." <JPGarner@UCDavis.Edu>
Subject: Re: DODO update
From: Aaron Whiteman <aaronw@wsu.edu>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 06:39:11 -0800 (PST)
On Mon, 5 Mar 2001, Garner, Joseph P. wrote:

> realised i'd just saved myself $300 dollars in labour and sat down with the
> moss catalogue felling smug.

That always feels pretty good :)  It's funny, other students think I
am amazing because I work on my own car.  It is almost like some kind
of magic black art.

> I'll let you know what happens once the parts arrive.
>
> any advice on the autochoke?

Toss it (and the carb too), and go with Dual SU's?  (insert evil grin
here)  More seriously, my car had a single ZS that had been converted
to a manual choke by a PO.  It was still slightly rich, but aside from
exhaust manifold leaks, it was reliable.

--
Aaron Whiteman - aaronw@wsu.edu - email with subject 'PGPKey' for pgpkey
   RCW 19.190 notice: This address is located in Washington State.