Speedo Cable Replacement

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Speedo Cable Replacement
From: "Scott Allen" <scottinarl@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 18:41:26 -0000
All,

I need to replace the speedo cable on my 74 1/2, but taking a gander at it
I've noticed there ain't much room to get your hand up behind the gauge to
remove the cable, and once you do it'd be nigh on impossible to fish it
through the small hole in the firewall it goes through...

Does anyone out there know of any tricks of the trade to facilitate this
job, or am I going to have to bite the bullet and drop the steering column?

Thanks in advance,

Scott

74 1/2 BGT
52 TD