Re: Looking at MGB GT

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Looking at MGB GT
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 14:40:38 -0800
Well, it could be the clutch MC, the slave cylinder, or the flex hose that
"busted" (most likely one of the first two based on the PO's story). You may
be able to tell by visual inspection. But be warned it may well be "all of
the above" -- they tend to expire at the same time. From a practical
standpoint, he is going to have a hard time selling the car in this state,
so you might be able to convince him to have it fixed; or, possibly, sell
"as is" at a steep discount (that is, if you're feeling lucky today, or have
a good deal of experience of what to look for in these cars so as not to get
stuck). But you probably don't want to get into the situation of fixing his
clutch for free and then not buying the car for other reasons.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149

///