Re: help: axle fill plug...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: help: axle fill plug...
From: "Brent Schwartz" <brentschwartz@qwest.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 22:54:42 -0600
"Evangelos G. Makris" wrote:

> Please give me ideas on how to remove this almost rounded (and widened)
> axle oil filler plug. It's not of the 3/8" hex variety, unfortunately.
> It's the old square type.
> I have the "proper" tool but it slips out. The 1/2" socket adaptor goes
> in halfway and, again, slips out.

I took an old 1/2" socket extension and basically hand filed it to fit the
deeper part of the plug in order to get a decent grip and finally get it out.
Ruined a good extension for any other purpose than removing that one
plug. I will be ordering a new plug next fall when I go to replace the
axle bearings and seals.

Brent
77B (71Engine)

///