RE: rear axle dilemma

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: rear axle dilemma
From: harlanjillson <harlanjillson@pdq.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 12:13:54 -0600
>Just went out and measured our unrestored 1965B, we have wire wheels with
>165/14 tyres, the tops of the arches are about 1/4 inch below the top of the
>tread (YAY - it's level!), right hand side there is 1 inch clearance between
>the tyre and the arch, left hand side is 1 1/2 inches.

You know,
   If the original poster is talking about a wire wheel car, with no clearance
with stock size tires, he could have one the some dodo has converted to wires
without changing out the rear axle, just changed the hubs.  This trick will
leave you with maybe a 1/2" clearance on each side, and tires the rub whenever
you hit a bump, or corner hard.
   I've got one like this that I'm changeing back to original.
Harlan

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list