Re: Aftermarket steering wheels

To: niederst@telerama.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Aftermarket steering wheels
From: JERTIGGER2@cs.com
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 08:15:32 EST
In a message dated 3/30/2001 12:25:12 AM Eastern Standard Time,
niederst@telerama.com writes:

<<  The only thing
 that is making me hesitate in ordering one is that the wood rimmed wheel is
 13" in diameter, versus the 15.5" original one. Any listers out there have
 one of these 13" wheels in their car? Does it look/feel too small? I do like
 the 15" Motolita wheels better, but they are ~2x the price. >>

Based on mu experience.
Expect much quicker steering, and you will have to watch it closer,
imperfections of the road will be amplified.
I put an 11.5" steering wheel on my Lotus Europa to make it easier to get in
and out better, on smooth roads it is ok but rough roads require more
attention to what I am doing.

Jerry Rein

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list