Re: Aftermarket steering wheels

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Aftermarket steering wheels
From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 08:30:07 EST
In a message dated 3/30/01 12:26:14 AM, niederst@telerama.com writes:

<<  The only thing
that is making me hesitate in ordering one is that the wood rimmed wheel is
13" in diameter, versus the 15.5" original one. Any listers out there have
one of these 13" wheels in their car? Does it look/feel too small? >>

I bought both the 13" and 14" Mountney black leather wheels, polished spokes,
one for the GT, the other the roadster.  I liked the 14" better, and ended up
replacing the smaller wheel.  However, one of the reasons I didn't like the
smaller wheel was the turning effort.  Now that I've given my front end a
good greasing that may not be the problem I thought it was.
There are Mountney wheels in all sizes, but not all dealers carry them.  I
got mine from the MGB Hive in the UK while on a business trip.  If you're in
the US, I can't offer good guidance.

Jay Donoghue
72B
72B-GT