Re: HELP, odometer freaked out at 100K

To: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: Re: HELP, odometer freaked out at 100K
From: Bill Saidel <saidel@camden.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 13:21:59 -0400
Hi All,

     I don't know if this is possible, but let me recommend two catalogs
for the adventurous who might want to replace their own gears:

Small Parts, Inc.
13980 NW 58th Court
PO Box 4650
Miami Lakes, FL 33014
www.smallparts.com
parts@smallparts.com

and Reid Tool Supply Co.
www.reidtool.com
mail@reidtool.com.

Both catalogs make for interesting reading.

Bill
'76B

At 01:29 PM 04/05/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>Duinhoven_Hans@emc.com wrote:
> >
> > Is there a way to prevent this happening without disconnecting the meter @
> > all? Is there any lubricating needed?
>
>   Not sure. Lubrication in there can be tricking because
>oil collects dust and might make it worse.
>
>   One of the problems is the plastic is becoming
>brittle, so the "teeth" just don't have the strength
>to turn the gears. I suppose if you could get it
>really smooth-moving then it would hold together...
>
>   I don't know what you can do... Hope?
>
>--
>Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
>Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca
>ICQ #17432933 http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/
>The stoplight in front of my house is currently: RED

Dr. Bill Saidel
Assoc. Prof.                                    Vocal phone   (856) 225-6336
Department of Biology         FAX  (856) 225-6312
Science Building                           email:  saidel@crab.rutgers.edu
315 Penn St.
Camden, NJ 08102 -1411
http://crab.rutgers.edu/~saidel/saidel.html

"Sacred cows make for divine hamburgers."