Re: A sad day

To: barak@voyager.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: A sad day
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 16:54:50 EDT
In a message dated 4/16/01 4:32:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
barak@voyager.net writes:

> Anyway, has anyone got any ideas on how to get the pins out of castle nuts
> that appear to have been on there since the car rolled off the line?  The
> free ends sheared off the second I touched them and the loop end is pulled
> right down into the nut and I can't seem to get ahold of it no matter how
> hard I try.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Did you try drifting it out from the other end?  I bought a cheep set of
drifts from Harbor Freight, and it was a good invenstemnt.  (How's that fur
speling fun?)  If you don't want to buy a set of drifts, cut the points off
of some different size common nails and use them.  You should be able to
knock the pin right out.  Squirt a little Busty or penetrating oil of your
choice on it and let it soak a while first.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport